By partnering with McKinley, your company can help bring hope and comfort to underprivileged children and families while taking advantage of attractive tax benefits and public relations opportunities.
What are Gifts-In-Kind?
Gifts-In-Kind (GIK) are a company's first-quality, excess inventory donated to assist those in need. Commonly needed GIK items include:
For the Children
- Clothing and shoes
- Personal care items
- School supplies
- P.E. equipment
- Tickets to cultural, educational or sporting events
- Awards for students that meet agreed upon goals, such as movie passes, games or gift certificates to clothing stores
For Our Offices
- New or slightly used office furniture
- Locking file cabinets
- Computer stands
- Donated printing for mass mailings
- Donated postage for mass mailings
- Office supplies
- Copy paper
How Your Company Will Benefit
- Corporate Tax Deduction: A special tax law gives corporations a federal income tax reduction when they donate new inventory for charitable purposes. Please see your tax advisor for your specific tax benefits. We’ll provide you with all the necessary paperwork to ensure that you receive the maximum tax benefit for your donation.
- Additional Warehouse Space: The elimination of slow-moving inventory increases warehouse capacity and decreases administrative expenses.
- Positive Public Relations: McKinley will feature your company in McKinley's Quarterly Newsletter and here on the website. Furthermore, publicizing your contribution in company newsletters or a corporate website will enhance your company's image in the community.
- Philanthropic Involvement: Your partnership with McKinley provides a fitting channel for investing in the people and communities that contribute to your success.
- Credibility: When you give to McKinley, you can have the confidence in knowing that you are supporting a strong and highly reputable organization. For over 100 years, McKinley has been serving the needs of abused, abandoned and neglected children in the Los Angeles, Riverside, San Bernardino, and Orange counties. In addition, McKinley's services are nationally accredited and recognized for meeting best practice standards.
- Convenience: From scheduling GIK pick-ups to processing documentation, our professional and courteous staff makes each donation easy and time efficient.
For information on how your company can become a GIK donor, please contact Rhonda J. Beltran, Chief Development Officer by calling (909) 670-1577 or by e-mail at email@example.com